Rosemary Lemon Butter Cookies
2 sticks (8 oz.) unsalted butter at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
zest of 1 medium sized lemon
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
1. Mix the butter and granulated sugar in an electric mixer until combined.
2. Add salt, lemon zest, rosemary and the vanilla extract beat until light and fluffy approximately 3 minutes.
3. Add the egg, mix until combined. Reduce the speed of mixer and add flour until just combined.
4. Place the cookie dough on a large sheet of parchment paper. Roll dough into a log about 1 1/2 inch in diameter. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 375. Cut log in 1/4 inch slices. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment about 1” apart. Bake 15- 20 min. until edges appear golden in color. Allow to cool before serving.
– See more at: http://blog.moonberry.com/rosemary-lemon-butter-cookies/#sthash.LuybvdyU.dpuf